JOE D. GODDARD
Research and Emeritus Professor
Tel.: (858) 534-4508
Goddard received his Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University
of California, Berkeley in 1962. He joined the chemical engineering
faculty of the University of Michigan in 1963 and in 1976
the position of Fluor Professor and Chair in the Department of Chemical
Engineering at the University of Southern California. He has been professor at UCSD since1991 and emeritus since 2016.
Current Research and Publication
Google Scholar Citation
- NATO, NSF & Fulbright Fellowships, France, UK, Belgium, 1963-84.
- Fluor Professor of Chemical Engineering, USC,
- D.L. Katz Lecturer, University of Michigan,
- President, U.S. Society of Rheology, 1991-93, and Fellow. 2016-
- MTS Visiting Professor, Dept. Civil & Environ. Eng., U. Minn. 1999
- Ben Gurion University Presidential Visitor Grant, Israel, 2011
- G.I. Taylor Medal, Society of Engineering Science, 2012
- Springer Visiting Professor, University of California, Berkeley, 2012-3
- Reviewer for the Mathematical Reviews of the Am. Math. Soc.
- Visiting Professor, cole Polytechnique (LMS), Palaiseau, France, 2015
- Senior Fellow, Institute of Advanced Study, Durham University, UK, 2016
- Visiting Professor, ESPCI, Paris, 2017-18